Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving


I did it! I just prepared an entire Thanksgiving feast myself! I thought it turned out pretty decent, considering I have never cooked a turkey before and so did my husband. I did cheat a little...I put the turkey in the crock pot. I know, I know it sounds pretty, well, gross. But it actually was tender and juicy and it fell off the bone, literally. (I also took the easy way out by making stove top stuffing.) All in all it was a tasty meal, if I do say so myself. But I can't take all the credit thankfully, Adam helped clean up afterwards.

This will be our first, and last, Thanksgiving with just the two of us. Sweet baby Krause (we'll announce her name as soon as she's born) will be here before we know it. In 10 days to be exact, if she comes when the doctor predicts. We definitely missed being with our families or even friends, for that matter, this year. But when you can't make a seven or nine hour drive home because you might have a baby on the side of the road you make your own Thanksgiving memories. I am very thankful we have each other to spend Thanksgiving with. Adam put up Christmas lights, while I made the dinner. Later we're going to see "Four Christmases" (with Reese Witherspoon and Vince Vaughn). All in all it's been a fun, relaxing Thanksgiving. Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with friends and family.

3 comments:

Josh Selley said...

Congrats on your first preparation of doing Thanksgiving yourself.

Smixie said...

I've been thinking of that lately, having to cook the whole big meal at holidays. That sounds intimidating to me. Maybe I'll get a guy like my dad that does all the cooking...
any day now, huh? that's exciting! when it happens, trust your body- it knows just what to do! have fun!

Anonymous said...

my only advise would be to not get too attached to that due date you've been given... I was positive I was gonna go 2 weeks early with Lillie but in reality, I had to be induced by almost 2 weeks AFTER my due date... all in all I was waiting for a little over 3 weeks past the day I was positive she'd come... MISERABLE!!! :)