Thursday, January 14, 2010

Cop Car Accident


I was whining to my husband about not wanting to go to work that day. But I was making myself go anyway. I had just turned from our street onto Evansdale Dr. approaching the intersection when all the sudden the car in front of me was stopping at a red light. I was trying desperately to stop my grandmother’s car to no avail. I had a choice. Either slam into the car in front of me, the snow bank on my right, or the car who was in the left lane. I slid on the ice and snow covered road, pushing on the break pedal as hard as I could. I swerved to the left (trying to get in between to the two cars) and BAM! The crunching sound of the metal, the jerk of my neck, and my tight grip on the steering wheel... the adrenaline was coursing through my veins. The man got out of his car and checked the damage to his passenger door. It was dented badly. My grandma’s car was a tank. The only thing wrong with it was a broken headlight and a scuff on the fender.

A minute later, the man I hit told me he was an off-duty cop! Crap! Thankfully, he was really cool. The officer that did come to file the accident report didn’t give me a ticket and blamed it on the road conditions. Whew!

Needless to say, I did not have to go to work that day!

No comments: