Friday, October 17, 2008

The Moo Moo


I know she meant well, but come on!

"It's refreshing to see women not trying to hide the fat. You look cute!"

What? Was that a compliment or a put-down? I am still not exactly sure. I am seven and a half months pregnant, and granted, no, I am not able to really hide my belly (unless I am wearing a moo-moo dress). But to call my baby "the fat" was just absurd. Yes, I have gained weight since the pregnancy, but I am not a hugely obese woman. I can still wear some of my non-maternity tops, if they are long enough.

I think she was referring to was how back in her day, the women used to hide their pregnant bellies with unflattering tents. And she was thankful I am not doing that. But talk about a "foot-in-your-mouth-comment"!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Hi Annie,

Congrats on your pregnancy! I'd love to tell you about pricing. Can you send me an email at linzmariedesigns@gmail.com? I'll email you some info.

Thanks!
Lindsay

Smixie said...

I was watching a TV show once and after the baby was born they said it looked like a monkey. inconsideracy is normalcy, sadly.

Unknown said...

haha...