Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Arabella

My daughter is ten months already. Looking back on the day she was born, it is very hard to believe she's almost a year. She's waving when we say, "bye-bye", clapping her hands, crawling everywhere. She pulls herself up on the couch, and coffee table, drinks from a sippy cup. She has cut seven teeth, shakes her head no, and last but not least says, "mama"! She giggles with delight when she sees a kitten running across the floor. The whole world is a great big puzzle ready to be solved.

I love being a mother. It is trying at times, but it is the most rewarding experience a person can have. When I hold her at night after reading her "Goodnight Moon" book to her, she's cozy warm in her pj's and has her silk blankie by her face, sucking her thumb. I know there is no better thing in the world. I wouldn't trade her for anything.

No comments: